After studying the Constitutional Convention, the Constitution, the Preamble, the Bill of Rights, and court cases associated with student rights, you will create a booklet that analyzes and creates what is relevant to you in our Constitution.
- Cover Page: Name and Illustration of CONSTITUTION
- Pages 1-3: PURPOSES OF THE CONSTITUTION-Dividing each page in two, list the six purposes stated in the Preamble. Then use one quote from John F. Kennedy's Inaugural that matches the stated purpose. You must have six separate quotes.
- Pages 4-8: REINTERPRETATION OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS-Dividing each page in two, recreate the Bill of Rights as Sam Fink illustrated. Use a "theme" like Sam Fink, as he used birds in his reinterpretation. Make sure your "theme" can relate or connect to the ideals behind the Bill of Rights.
- Pages 9-10: COURT CASES ON STUDENT RIGHTS- This will be done in class, but these are the court cases-
- Back Cover: "WORDS INSPIRE"-Explain and connect your favorite quote from Kennedy's Inaugural relating it to our Constitution and what is happening today.